In the last month with starting a new position, I’ve been sprucing up my wardrobe and look. Two reasons; one, because I now have to dress up more than I did at my last job, and two because I didn’t realize that my confidence was lacking because I hadn’t done a few of these in a LONG time!
Now some of these may seem superficial to some, but to me, these things have been absolutely amazing in helping feel beautiful again! I’ve been telling my husband for a while that I feel like I’ve lost the “Carissa” I was when we first started dating and he quickly told me how beautiful I am, however, it’s nice to hear it from him but it’s even better when I feel it myself!
Also, the holidays can be a little hard for me so working on myself ahead of time, has been helping me too! I’ve been feeling pretty good about myself so it’s been easier to focus on those things rather than the grey cloud that sometimes comes with this time of year.
1. Earrings and Accessories…Buying new accessories can change an entire outfit! TJ Maxx and Target have been my go-to places for finding new accessories! They’re good prices but also good quality! I have also fallen in love with the knotted headband trend! I have some with pearls on and some with stripes, I love them and they have been a great way to add to my outfits!
2. I Got My Hair Colored…for the last year, I have been growing my last color out so I could change my hair color! This was a long process, and at times left me feeling very ugly! But it was worth it because when I had to get my hair bleached before I could get the color I wanted my curls were affected by the color (another Thank You Jesus Moment)!
3. Bought Comfortable Shoes…yep you read that correctly! I spend good money on shoes, but some I’ve had for years! And this current position is one where I’m always moving around. The first thing I noticed in my first couple of weeks was that my feet hurt! I quickly bought a couple of pairs from DSW through Afterpay (buy now and pay in installments… interest-free) this has been my go-to!!! And ya girl now has comfortable shoes!!
4. Lipstick and Lipgloss…Yes!These had to be updated too!!! Actually, I was running out of lipgloss and lipstick because I had the favorites I always used! But I recently had a coupon for Ulta and a gift card and I was able to add a few dollars and switch up a few things! Even my husband has been eyeing my new lips (LOL)!
5. Undergarments…so this is something no one sees but me and my husband! But I bought a couple of bras to hold me over, but I recently had a chance to go to Lane Bryant for the 10 for $35 sale for panties and let me tell you, I have felt the sexiest I’ve felt in a LONG time! And this is just from me looking in the mirror at myself! If you’re plus-size and looking for undergarments, Lane Bryant’s Cacique line is the absolute BEST!!!
Bonus…I spruced up my sunglasses collection with a pair from Smart Buy Glasses! Sunglasses are always a great way to add to your look! SmartBuyGlasses has a HUGE Black Friday Sale coming your way! Save lots on prescription lenses and designer sunglasses!!
Up to 70% on designer sunglasses.
Save 12% off sitewide.
40% on prescription lenses
Overall these changes that I have made, haven’t been anything monumental but they have made me feel good on the inside!