There are so many Essential Oils (EOs) available and they each have a ton of different needs they can satisfy. As a parent, educating yourself about EOs can become overwhelming very quickly, especially when you are attempting to meet your own needs as well as the needs of your child(ren).
As we are approaching the dreaded Cold and Flu season, it is imperative that we as women and mothers proactively work to keep everyone in our homes healthy. Here are a few EOs and the systems they can be used to support:
- Thieves – I don’t ever what to know life without Thieves again. Thieves is a blend of Cinnamon Bark, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Lemon, and Clove. Thieves has a 99.96% success rate for killing bacteria. Need I say more?
- Frankincense – My everything oil!! I originally started using it for emotional support, however, I’ve recently realized the benefits it has on the immune system and it has become a part of our nightly routine. We apply it to the bottom of our feet every night!
- Rosemary – One of the key ingredients in Thieves EO because of its anti-bacterial purposes. I also LOVE. LOVE the fresh, clean, aroma it produces when combined with Lavender and Lemon.
- R.C. – This oil has been life-changing for my family for respiratory support. It provides relief from colds, coughs, congestion, etc. which is vital for a family with an asthma sufferer. Diffuse! Diffuse! Diffuse!!
- Eucalyptus – I’ve been using this the same as I’ve been using R.C. but I’ve taken it one step further and we’ve been adding it to our Detox baths the moment cold symptoms try to surface. There is no place for that nonsense in my house and Eucalyptus gets that crap out of here!
Emotional Support (because sometimes, these children can take you there! Lol)
- Ylang Ylang – provides a sweet, floral aroma to uplift your spirits (also great for dry skin)
- Bergamot – great for tension relief and pairs great with Orange EO (great for blemishes too!)
- Clary Sage – helps create a calm and relaxing environment (also great for Hormonal Support in women)
Carlyce John (@Essentially_CJ on Instagram) is my sister, and she is also a wife and mom! She’s an Essential Oils educator for Young Living and loves to share information on how essential oils, along with other holistic practices, can help you attain and maintain the wellness of body, mind, and spirit.