Back to school time can be both fun, as well as stressful. There are so many things to do and things you need to buy, and it might seem overwhelming. This is why it’s important to create a checklist to help you get through it without forgetting anything, and without stressing out.
You can look at other back to school checklists online to get an idea of what other people are putting on their lists, and you can modify them as needed to create your own. If you prefer, or if you don’t feel like someone else’s list works for you, then you can just make your own list from scratch. There’s really no right or wrong way to do it; it’s all about listing the important things you need to have and take care of.
Here is how to create your own back to school checklist:
- Start with making a list of the things you need for school. If the school district put out a supplies list, you can start with this. You may need to add some personal supplies you want as well.
- Make a list of new clothes and shoes, or other personal items needed for school. Do you need a new backpack? Are there any other items needed that don’t fall under the school supplies list.
- Make a list of things you need to do before school starts – appointments to make, checkups with doctors, etc.
- Plan your new school schedule. When you wake, when you go to bed, and even when you have meals may change when the school year starts, so take some time to sit down and plan out that new schedule.
- Make a list of how to get organized. How will your schedule change now that school is starting? Your lists will be very helpful in keeping everything organized during the new school year.
Your checklist should include all of the things that are important to you and your children with back to school. Older students may also want to make checklists of their classes and schedules. They can log study schedules and more, to help them stay organized.