Donuts are a family favorite around here…well for everyone except DJ! Definitely is a love language for Emma, Darrick and I! This weekend since its the 4th of July weekend I thought it would be great to make some Air Fryer Patriotic Donuts!
These donuts are probably the easiest donuts that you will ever make because they’re made from biscuits! Yep you read that correctly…one can of biscuits and you can easily have donuts! With a few donut holes!
For this recipe you will need 5 ingredients, and well some of that are the items that you will need to for cooking…such as cooking spray and such!
Air Fryer Patriotic Donuts…
Once you have all of your ingredients together you can start the process of rolling your biscuits out and using a small glass (something equivalent to a shot glass size) to make holes in the donuts or cut circles in the donuts.
What I love about this recipe is that you can quickly make this for yourself or you can have the children help you make these! Honestly, its hard for you to mess them up so if those little hands want to help! You should let them, it will be fun!
- Vanilla Frosting
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Can of Biscuits
- Pre-heat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cut a circle out of the centers of the biscuits. A shot glass works perfectly if you do not have a tiny cookie cutter on hand. You can roll the centers of the biscuits into balls to make donut holes.
- Lightly spray the biscuits with cooking spray.
- Place in the air fryer for 4-6 minutes or until biscuits have browned.
- Remove from air fryer and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cool for 10 minutes. You don’t want the frosting to melt off of the donuts!
- Frost and sprinkle away.
Air Fryer Patriotic Donuts can be made for any occasion! These are patriotic colors because of the time of year! However, I would love to make these for another event with other colors!!! Looking forward to making these during football season with our team’s favorite colors!