I was Excerpted from The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook by Ashley Craft. Copyright © 2020 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by Harper Point Photography. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
**I was sent a copy of The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook for review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.**
Much like everyone else in the world we are trying to create our own fun at home! We have gone on TONS of virtual trips and one virtual trip the kids keep having us go on is Disney (Shocker…Right!)! Honestly, I don’t mind sitting and watching someone go through the Disney Parks, definitely takes your mind off everything currently going on in the world. To see even a virtual trip through the eyes of little ones is absolutely amazing!
I was sent The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook by Ashley Craft to review, and ever since I got it I’ve had to pry it out of my daughter’s hands! She loves to read and look through the pictures! She’s also given me a few recommendations of items that she would like me to make for our family! What she doesn’t know is when we tackle these recipes she will be helping me!
Today I will be sharing two recipes from the book, as well as sharing some of the things we love about The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook!!!
So you know the kids and I are always up for some fun and creating fun things to eat at home are always a plus! So on our next movie night, or night that we need something fun to do while playing a game I plan to try some of the recipes from The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook!
Below are two recipes that caught my eye right away! Both recipes are recipes that we all will love! You can’t go wrong with a pineapple treat and chocolate chip cookies!!!
Dole Whip Adventureland, Magic Kingdom
- 1 cup room-temperature water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups chilled pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine water and sugar. Microwave 1 minute, stir, then microwave 1 more minute and stir to create a syrup. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Pour pineapple juice into the ice cream machine and add 1⁄2 cup chilled syrup. Add lime juice. Follow ice cream machine instructions and run for about 20 minutes.
- 3. Serve immediately or transfer to a large plastic container, cover, and freeze overnight for a harder consistency.
Jack-Jack’s Num Num Cookies
Jack-Jack’s Num Num Cookies Pixar Pier, Disney California Adventure
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk-chocolate chunks divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.Preheat oven to 375°F. Line three (4") ramekins with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2.In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and shortening. Using the flat beater attachment, cream together well. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar, and beat 2 minutes. Mix in vanilla and egg, then mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in 3⁄4 cup chocolate chunks.
- 3.Pack each ramekin with about 1⁄2" cookie dough and bake 15 minutes.
- 4.Allow to cool completely, about 15 minutes, before removing from ramekins.
Many of the recipes from The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook are Magical Disney-Inspired Recipes, and the book includes 100 recipes! Some of the other recipes that I can’t wait to try are Loaded Buffalo Chicken Tots, Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Maple Popcorn and Peter Pan Floats!!! What I love is that these recipes can be fun recipes for snacks or regular meals that can be added to your meal routines for your family! I contemplated making Magic Kingdom Turkey Legs for Thanksgiving! We didn’t end up having turkey because it was only the 4 of us, however, these are still on my list to make for dinner!
I also love that the recipes from The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook are easy to make! I looked through this book a few times and for each recipe that I looked at I had the majority of the items to make it in my pantry! So I don’t feel like I had to do a lot of planning in advance! Literally, when my husband and I discussed the Magic Kingdom Turkey Legs the only thing I had to get was the actual Turkey Legs.
To purchase The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook head on over to Amazon or click the link below!