Let me tell you how your children will think you’re amazing if you make them chocolate covered Halloween Oreo Cookies! Oreo Cookies will make any holiday better! Ha! I know I can’t be the only that thinks that! With Halloween coming up and all of us trying to figure out how we are planning on celebrating with COVID I have a fun recipe that your children will love making as well!
Chocolate Covered Halloween Oreo Cookies are pretty easy to make and you only need a couple of ingredients!
The great thing about making chocolate covered Halloween cookies is that you can be as creative with them as you want, and if they dont turn out right you can always say that they’re monsters!!
What other cookies can you use to make Chocolate Covered Halloween Cookies?
In my family, Oreos make everything better! But don’t limit yourself to only using the traditional chocolate flavored Oreos. First, there are so many variety of Oreos to try, you could definitely use the Halloween Oreos, or even the Golden Oreos. The Heads or Tails Oreo may be a good mix to try! If this was my husband’s recipe he would definitely be using the Double Stuf Oreos, he’s an advocate for Double Stuffed!
Also don’t be afraid to chocolate covered Nutter Butter cookie! They have the perfect shape for a chocolate covered ghost cookie. Oatmeal cookies would work as well. And if you’re a fan of Wafer cookies, these would work perfectly!
I know many schools are opting out of Fall Parties, but these treats would be perfect for a “Boo Gift” or if there is a family you have set up a special “trick or treat” date with…you can wrap them individually and share them with family and friends.
Chocolate Covered Halloween Oreo Cookies would also be perfect for birthday’s that fall around Halloween! My son DJ was just telling me how one of his friends birthday is the day before Halloween. Once these cookies are finished, they would be a perfect Halloween themed birthday treat!
Chocolate Covered Halloween Oreo Cookies
- Wax paper
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 small ziplock sandwich bag OR icing bag
- 1 package OREO cookies
- 1 pkg. Wilton vibrant green candy melts
- 1 pkg. Wilton white candy melts
- 1 pkg. Wilton orange candy melts
- 1 pkg. Wilton small candy eyeballs
- 1 pkg. Wilton large candy eyeballs
- 1 pkg. Wilton mixed Halloween sprinkles
- In three separate small bowls pour candy melts, one color per bowl.
- Place one bowl in the microwave. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until completely smooth.
- Once candy melts are completely melted and stirred, you can add a tsp oil if the mixture is too thick.
- Using a fork, carefully dip each Oreo into the melted chocolate until well coated. Tap fork on the side of bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the dipped Oreo into the wax paper. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes then add sprinkles, candy eyeballs, etc. Allow to sit at room temperature until completely dried and hardened.
- When doing the mummy cookie, dip first and let dry for a few minutes. Then add melted chocolate to an icing bag or ziplock bag and snip the end off and drizzle for the wrapped mummy look. Lastly, add the eyes.
- Cookies can be stored in an air tight container for a week
Are you planning on making fun treats for Halloween?
If you’re looking for more ideas for Halloween Treats, check out