Emma is my child that love crafts! And she currently LOVES Unicorns, so its time to combine snack time and craft time. You can always count on Emma is the activity involves painting, cutting, pasting, coloring…she even negotiates crafts with her occupational therapist! Its nothing like watching her walk out of Occupational Therapy with a new craft that she insists on hanging up at home.
Since Darrick and DJ have been doing lots of “Father/Son Activities” I thought I should increase our crafting activities. Watching Emma in action this summer, she reminds me so much of myself when I was younger. I always had crayons, coloring books, glue…anything crafty I was all in!
Unicorn Pudding Cups
Nothing I like better than stumbling upon a craft with a very affordable supplies list! You can pick up all the supplies (listed below) for these beyond fabulous Unicorn Pudding Cups at your local Dollar Tree! That’s right, everything on this list can be purchased for a dollar a piece! Dollar Tree has been a TOTAL lifesaver this summer with Emma’s crafting!
Perfect for birthdays, holidays or just a rainy day craft to keep the kids occupied! Who doesn’t love unicorns?
•Package of Paper Flowers
•Metallic Birthday Hats
- Take your metallic birthday hats out of the packaging. Then carefully cut the hats in half. You can use any color metallic birthday hats you choose to create your metallic unicorn horns, but we decided to stick with traditional gold and silver.
- Take your metallic birthday hats and wrap around your pinky really tight to create a unicorn horn. When you get your hat to resemble a thin unicorn horn, glue the edge together with your glue.
- Once your unicorn horns have dried, glue your horn on the bottom of your pudding cup. Then stick/glue your flowers onto the pudding cup.
- After your unicorn horn and flowers have dried, draw your unicorn eyes and eyelashes on your pudding cup. I suggest practicing on a blank piece of paper to perfect your technique before drawing on the actual Unicorn Pudding Cups since Sharpies are permanent. You only get one shot!
- Next, glue the rhinestones onto the edge of your Unicorn Pudding Cups to glam your pudding cups up!
- Your Unicorn Pudding Cups are now complete! Be ready to wow anyone you serve! No one would ever expect something so fabulous to come from the Dollar Tree!
Emma is 6 years old, and she had fun making these! Although her project came out looking a “little” different than my model images, she loved them and had fun making Unicorn Pudding Cups. Of course, hers didn’t last long, because she needed to eat the pudding immediately after she made it! HA!
I think crafts with pudding cups will become a fun activity for both Emma and DJ. I would change his up because he is ant-unicorn so I would change his up to make a regular horse or another animal!