This is a Sponsored Post on behalf of DriveShop and Mazda. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. #DriveMazda
Earlier this month I had the pleasure of zipping around town in a Mazda6 Grand Touring and I ABSOLUTELY loved it! We (Darrick and I) absolutely loved it. With having small children, when we look for cars we always look at Crossovers or SUV’s because of the room, however, I think the Mazda6 is high on our list!! It is truly a great car!!
Darrick and I decided to spend a weekend in Downtown Cleveland because my job’s holiday party was held at the Hilton Downtown Cleveland. When planning we were only going to stay one night, but we changed that to two nights since my sister agreed to keep our children for the weekend.
It was great to get away as husband and wife, in a sporty car versus our family vehicle! Sometimes in parenting, even when you get a weekend away you still feel like Mommy and Daddy. The Mazda6 clearly had Darrick and I feeling extra “FLY” when we arrived downtown!
What I first noticed in the Mazda6 Grand Touring was the Soul Red Metallic on the outside and the color of the seats! I have NEVER been in a car with almond colored seats (formal name is Parchment Nappa Leather), and I absolutely LOVED them!!! I immediately got nervous when I saw them because I knew the children would be in the car as well, but we had no issues! They actually loved them, and both got in the car and said how pretty the seats were! I am also not a big fan of red cars, but let me tell you I would hands-down buy this car in this color…I LOVED everything about it!
A few days before we left I had to take the children to school, so this was the ultimate test of whether or not we could add a Mazda6 to our family! And it passed with FLYING colors!
Both car seats fit in the back with no problem…
And both children were able to climb into the car without a problem! For 7 days I was able to rest my back and not lift them to put them in the car, oh it was AHHHHHmazing!!! We are still being asked, “where is the red car”…HA!
The height of the car was perfect for my husband to relax while driving! My husband is 6’4″ so our test with cars is if he is comfortable while driving and riding and he was comfortable in both! And he loved driving…I could barely get the keys from him. Let him tell it he was chauffering me around because it was a romantic weekend, but I think he LOVED driving the car that much!
On our ride, it got a little chilly so I took advantage of the heated seats and was in charge of the music while he drove! The gas mileage was so good we drove from the Eastside of Cleveland to the West and back and used little to nothing in gas! I loved the 7″ color screen with touch display! The color was vibrant in the daytime and nighttime, I immediately paired my phone and it worked great together for music and using the phone!
2017 Mazda6 Specs…
– 2.5-liter four-cylinder SKYACTIV-G engine
– 184 horsepower at 5,700 rpm
– 185 lb-ft torque at 3,250 rpm
– SKYACTIV-MT 6-speed manual or
SKYACTIV-DRIVE 6-speed automatic
– Standard G-Vectoring Control vehicle dynamics enhancement
– PZEV emissions (50 state)
What’s New for 2017:
– New exterior mirror turn lamp design
– New steering wheel design
– Heated steering wheel available**
– Standard MAZDA CONNECTTM infotainment system
– Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS) standard on Grand Touring
– Available heated rear seats**
– Traffic Sign Recognition**
– Available Nappa leather-trimmed sport seats**
– Available Machine Gray Metallic paint
– Available black headliner**
*Touring and above
** Grand Touring
– Full-color heads up Active Driving Display**
– MAZDA CONNECTTM infotainment system with 7-inch,
full-color touchscreen display
– Standard rearview camera
– Multi-function Commander control
– Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) with close proximity
– Standard Bluetooth® hands-free phone and audio
– Auto-dimming rear view mirror with Homelink®**
– Unified driving position memory**
– BOSE® 11-speaker sound system with
Centerpoint® and AudioPilot® 2**
Safety and Security Highlights:
– Engine immobilizer anti-theft system
– Foldaway brake pedal assembly
– LATCH child seat safety tethers
– Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
– Available Smart Brake Support (SBS) with Collision Warning**
– Available Smart City Brake Support