It’s important to spend quality time with your children and in today’s busy world, it seems more difficult than ever before to try to find that time. You probably won’t ever feel like you have loads of free time on your hands so it’s important that you make the time for your kids.
Block it into your planner, mark it on your calendar, and make it a part of your daily routine. It’s important to them, and to you.
Here are six great ways to spend time with your children:
- Take a walk – This is an old classic and for good reason. A walk is simple enough that nearly anyone can do it, it doesn’t require any special skills or equipment and it also gives you room to talk about things. This is a great way to bond with your children while also getting daily exercise.
- Let them choose an activity – When you let your child choose the activity, you’re including them in the process and also showing that you care about what they like to do. Then, be a good sport about what they pick and really give them your full attention.
- Do chores together – The chores have to get done, right? So, why not do them together? You can spend this time talking and enjoying one another’s company. It can be a great bonding opportunity while also getting caught up on chores that need to be done anyway.
- Exercise together – You can take the walking up a notch and do some other exercise together. You both need daily exercise so what better way to get it than bonding together. You could take up a sport, go running or swimming, or just do a workout DVD.
- Have a family movie night – Pop some popcorn, bring out the snacks, and enjoy a family movie night together. You can watch a new film, or an old favorite. It’s a lot of fun to spend this time together doing something entertaining for everyone.
- Just play – It sounds simple, right? So why is it we don’t do it as often as we should? All you need to do is take some time and sit down and play something with your children. It will mean everything to them and you might be surprised to find it makes you happy, too.