As Thanksgiving break is coming to an end and Christmas break is right around the corner. Do you have any plans on how to spend your free time? This is a great time of year to get out and do some things together as a family. You’ll get to spend some quality time together and it’ll help keep the kids from getting bored during the holidays.
Here are 5 things to do on Holiday break:
- Go to a parade – Most every city, even the small ones have some type of Thanksgiving parade you can go to and watch. If there isn’t one near you, then you can always watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV.
- Support your local theater – Watching a great movie while eating popcorn and candy at the theater is always a lot of fun.
- Do some volunteer work – It’s a great way to give back to the community and to teach your kids the importance of helping others.
- Watch some football together – Whether it’s the NFL game on TV or going to see a college football game in person, it’s a great way for sports fans to spend their Thanksgiving break.
- Play games together outside – If you’re not in the mood to go out on the town, you can always play games, cook out and have a great time right in your own backyard. Weather permitting, of course.
Don’t let all of the dinner planning and family get-togethers keep you from getting out and enjoying a few things with kids during Holiday break. Spending time together is important and you don’t necessarily have to spend a lot of money to have a great time.