I haven't participated in a Fashion/Beauty Friend Friday in a while, so I decided to switch up and talk about fashion a little bit:) I am participating in a link-up with the blog Modly Chic
1. How often do you go through your closet to purge the things you no longer wear? I go through my closet at random times, whenever it hits me actually. I just went through everything when I moved in with Darrick, and before that I did the same thing when I moved home from college. When I move (which has been every couple of years) I get rid of a lot, then once the closet becomes packed I go through it.
2. What do you do with the things you are through with? When I am done with my clothes I usually give them to purple heart. The Military Order of the Purple Heart Service Foundation DONATION PICKUP PROGRAM for selected areas of Illinois, Indiana and Ohio, you call them and they come pick the stuff up off of your front porch. Sometimes they call on their own if you have donated before so if they call I will go through my stuff and give away some stuff when they have a truck in the area.
3. Have you ever sold on consignment or through online boutiques? What has your experience been like? I have never sold on consignment shops or through online boutiques. I have shopped at a couple online, and at some for the baby. I usually find good baby goods!
4. More and more people are concerned about the fast rotation of fashion and how that is filling our landfills. What are you doing to decrease your clothing trash pile? As I get older I am trying to get out of buying trendy pieces and buy more classic styles. Usually if its a classic piece I will spend more money to make sure I am getting a quality item. If its good quality then I will have it for a few years rather than using it for a season and not wearing it again.
5. What’s been your favorite/best score from a thrift store or consignment shop? My best score have been baby items. Usually people have only used baby items a few times due to the baby growing out of it, only having a need for it for a small period of time, or the fact that people buy new stuff for each baby.