In catching up with the blogs I read on a daily basis, I came across this 2011 Recap Survey on Jessica's Blog-You Are My Color, I am a fairly new follower to her blog, however, when reading it I immediately fell in love with the blog because we have a lot of things in common such as being engaged and pregnant!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Well I found out I was pregnant, and I moved in with my fiance' a little earlier than I expected.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I started off doing pretty well (weight loss, paying on wedding things, not eating meat two days out of the week, enjoying girl time, getting my hair done more)...I was on a good start but things got turned upside down when I found out I was expecting
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No...Thank God for letting everyone see another year!
5. Did you visit anywhere exciting?
We took a family vacation to Orlando, Florida...although I have been before I had fun taking another vacation there
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Well after the baby is born and the wedding in May, I would like us to do better with saving more money and preparing for the future
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 10, 2011-Day I found out I was pregnant!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Continuing to work on my Masters, Planning a Wedding, and Planning and Prepping for a Baby
9. What was your biggest mistake?
Not sure...nothing comes to mind but hopefully if it was a mistake I learned a lesson from it:)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No,Thank the Lord!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my Planner from Erin Condren, it has been huge in me staying organized for this upcoming year!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Probably Darrick (the fiance), because since I have found out I was pregnant sometimes Im all over the place and he continues to be there, support me, and calm me down when Im freaking out!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A Coworker...I wont go any further
14. Where did most of your money go in 2011?
Gas, Eating Out, Shopping, House Stuff, and Miscellaneous Items
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding out we are having a little girl! And various things in Wedding Planning
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I dont really have a song that reminds me of 2011, maybe a couple of church songs that kept me grounded and thankful during everything that is going on.
The only one that comes to mind is I Really Love the Lord...the lyrics are "I really love the Lord...You don't know what He's Done for Me, Gave Me the Victory...I Love Him, I Love Him...I really Love the Lord"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happy and Nervous at the same time! I have a lot going on this year, and hopefully everything goes off without a hitch!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Paid more of my debts off
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I wouldn't have spent so much energy worrying about the person in #13.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
My family in the morning for Brunch, and Darrick's family in the afternoon for dinner!
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Yes, more in love with Darrick...and in love with Emma on the way! Especially after seeing her 3D ultrasound picture I think Darrick and I fell in love with her all over again like we just found out we are pregnant.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Hmmm I watch a lot of reality shows (Real Housewives and Wedding Shows)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No I don't hate anyone
24. What was the best book you read?
I didnt do much reading because Im in school so do textbooks count???
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That the baby dances (I like to say dance because she moves a lot) when we play Earth, Wind, and Fire
26. What did you want and get?
Hmm I really wanted a Kindle and I got the Fire for Christmas???
27. What did you want and not get?
I was kind of bummed Darrick and I didnt get to take our Fall Road Trip, but we have a lot going on so hopefully we can do a small one next year!
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 27 on my birthday and we all (my family and Darrick's family went out to eat) it was a nice treat:)
29. What's one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing at all...everything happens for a reason! We had the year planned out but God had a different plan, and now we are working with all of our changes!
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Since being pregnant I have had to become creative with some of my outfits...I think accessories have made a huge difference in my wardrobe this year.
31. What kept you sane?
God, Darrick, Family and Friends
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
This year I paid more attention to the celebrity moms and how they stay fashionista's along with being a mom, and just moms in general (how to keep it all together and make it look easy)
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Basically the fact that no one is willing to work with our current President, I feel like they make it a point to go against all of his ideas. Even if you don't like him, I thought the whole purpose of politics is to "help the people" or to be the voice of the people more so than just simply going against everything so once something does pass its more for bragging rights of the parties than for the well-being of the country!
34. Who do you miss the most?
No one to be honest!
35. Who was the best new person you met?
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
Life will send you on a roller coaster...be ready for the ride at all times!
37. What are your new years resolutions for 2012?