Friday Link Up with Modly Chic
1. What magazines do you subscribe to? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE magazines! I read a lot of them actually! I just subscribed to Essence (usually I would just read my Moms), Southern Living, Coastal Living and Women’s Health. I love to read People Stylewatch (great for fashion), Lucky, and various others!!!
2. Do you watch any fashion TV shows? Hmm honestly I cant say I just sit and watch fashion shows. Occasionally I will catch one, however, I watch more reality shows and look at the way the people are dressed. And look at pictures online to get inspiration!
3. Beyond blogs, what websites do you frequent for fashion inspiration? I like the Essence Magazine “Street Style” sections, for example they had a section today “Street Style: Cocktails with Belle” they had an event and they took pictures of the attendees and they talked about each person’s style! Sometimes they walk down the street in NYC and take pictures of stylish people, and it often gives me inspiration!
4. Advertisements play a huge role in forming public opinion about a product or brand… what ads do you like and why? I like high-end designer advertisements just to know what’s new and trending. I also like the Plus Size advertisements, for jeans and undergarments because these women look more like myself! They are full-figured women with curves!!! Helps me to celebrate my curves!
5. Do you own any fashion books? I have a couple of fashion books, and books by designers that have fashion and beauty tips. Kimora Lee Fabulousity was surprisingly a good book! She had a great tips on being fashionable and rules that I currently abide by! I also own a Rachel Zoe book (that was given to me as a College Graduation Gift)!