Jen the author of this blog features "up and coming" bloggers!
June 30, 2010
June 29, 2010
No longer will I have to spend 25 minutes putting rollers in my hair in the evenings just so I won't have to wake up early.
No longer, ladies, will I have to harm my hair my spraying, molding or cramping harsh chemicals into my do!
Nope! Just flip your hair down, pull it all up to the top of your head, wrap around your finger and tie down. Pin up anything that might fall down around the back. And BAM! Good to go for work."
Is this not the best article EVER!!! An article telling me to put my hair in a ponytail/bun because its in style right now! LOL! I love it!!!
What is your go to hairstyle???
June 27, 2010
Here are my answers to this week's questions:
1.If you had 5000.00 to spend on plastic surgery what would you have done?
I would have the work that needs to be done on my teeth done, and I would probably do a whiting treatment as well.
2. Do you watch Soap operas and if so what is your favorite and why?
I watch The Young and The Restless and General Hospital. Im usually not home when they come on however, Im always around when my mom watches them and I get sucked in...LOL!
3. Favorite clothing brand?
I really dont have a specific brand that is my favorite, I just like nice clothes. I usually shop at Macy's, Torrid, Target, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and NY and Company...I can go on but I will stop here...LOL!
4. An afternoon shopping spree at your favorite store or maid service for a year?
Depends on how much the shopping spree is...honestly, I can clean my own house so I would probably go with the shopping spree!
5. Would you ever vajazzle?
LOL! Ummm probably not
6. Favorite Disney Princess?
Tiana would probably have to be my first choice with Belle coming in as a close second!
7. Last movie that made you bawl your eyes out?
The Blind Side...I may have to make Darrick watch that tonight!!!
8. Have you ever broken any bones and if so what?
No, hopefully I never experience this!
June 25, 2010
June 24, 2010
Lately I've had a MAJOR sweet tooth! Let me tell you its been really bad!! During this time of year I fall back in love with Ice Cream. I don't really eat Ice Cream throughout the year but I cant get enough of it during the summer months. I have been eating Ice Cream and Cake or Ice Cream and Cookies...and this is really bad because I am really trying to get back on track!
I have changed up my eating patterns during lunchtime, mainly to save money but to also eat better. I have been packing healthy lunches, and drinking lots more water! I am trying with small steps but I have to get this sweet tooth business out of my system!
Do you have any cravings that you cant get
Oh and the pictures below are to entice you with my cravings...but really it has made me want some sweets in the middle of the day! LOL!!
Maybe I should try some Weight Watcher versions of these snacks??? What type of healthy snacks to you eat to help you stay on track but gives you the sweet fix that you need???
June 22, 2010
June 18, 2010
"Jersey Couture" follows a New Jersey family who runs one of the most sought-after destinations for extravagant women’s formal wear. The Scalis reveal how their tight-knit family manages to live and work together while running their glamorous, over-the-top dress shop, Diane & Co.
Owned by the Scali family, Diane & Co. is the fashion playground for Diane’s daughters, Kimberly and Christina, who are the eyes into this world of high fashion. Kimberly’s business sense and Christina’s fairytale aspirations make a great combination, but mixing family with business sometimes proves to have its challenges.
June 17, 2010
The weekend started on Saturday with Brunch at his house with his family, there was a bunch of food!! I made him a lemon cake because that's what he asked for.
Sunday we went to church, then dinner later that day. For dinner, he requested that we go to Brasa (this is where Darrick took me for my birthday last year). For those of you that have never heard of Brasa it is a Brazilian Steakhouse!
Brasa feeds you tons of food...literally! The cards in this picture lets the waiters know that you are ready for more food. When you first get there, you go to the salad bar and pick some side dishes. Once you are finished eating your salad the waiters bring around meat, and more meat. There is a variety of meats they bring to your table and you tell them how much you want. So if the card is green side up the different waiters come around with everything from chicken, to top sirloin, to lamb and various other meats! When you turn the card over to the red side they stop coming to your table and give you a chance to eat what you have.
We had a great time, and he enjoyed his entire birthday!!!
Christian Louboutin, $1,255
Sam Edelman, $199.95
Jeffrey Campbell, $168
Marc by Marc Jacobs, $235
Betsey Johnson, $149.95
June 16, 2010
June 15, 2010
I was online, and I looked at b&lu and found a couple of dresses that I liked. I really like the two tunic style dresses but Im wondering if they would look a little like maternity dresses on me??? That is not the look I am going for! LOL!
What do you think of these dresses?
June 13, 2010
1. I feel weird when I miss church, especially on Sunday’s I sing in the choir
2. I wanted to join a sorority, but the one I wanted to join wasn’t on campus when I went to school…so now I want to pledge Grad Chapter
3. I love all the silly things that go on when Carlyce and I realize we need to spend sisterly time together
4. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a wedding planner/event planner
5. I love to wear high heels because they make me feel pretty but they hurt like hell usually! LOL!
6. I love sandwiches…I probably can make one out of anything
7. I set my alarm clock really early so I can hit snooze at least 2-3 times
8. I cried really hard when I realized that I was in love with Darrick (tears of joy)!
9. I love HAMBURGERS, and I’m so glad that my boyfriend does too
10. I'm obsessed with pizza (but I really only eat Pepperoni/Pepperoni with Green Olives, and occasionally I will try pizza with something else on it)
11. I have recently started liking Vera Bradley
12. I wish I could move to another state, but take my family with me
13. I like to sit and eat my lunch in my car at work
14. I read new blogs on a daily basis (to read others point of view, get ideas for my blog, or to read the love stories) mostly only fashion blogs or family blogs
15. My Blackberry rarely leaves my side! And I mean that literally!
16. My blog is my form of therapy, and my canvas to do what I want
17. I love wearing dresses and skirts because they make me feel pretty and feminine
18. I have always wished I had curly hair
19. I love spending my Friday nights with my Mom
20. I have some type of fetish with black dress shoes…I have a bunch of them
21. Random: When I was a baby I had to have surgery on my neck
22. My Dad and I argue like we are married, and my mom sits back and watches us…LOL
23. I love big bags in weird colors, the only time my purse matches my clothes is when I am really dressed up
24. A few years ago I didn’t really think I wanted kids or maybe just one…but now I can’t wait to have kids and a family of my own one day
25. My niece Solana is the sassiest 3 year old that I have ever met…but I love her sassiness and My nephew Jayden is a mixture of Chris Brown/and the Animal Guy…he dresses like Chris Brown but loves Animals and all things Science…LOL (they’re the best)
26. On my first date with Darrick I went to the wrong restaurant (ONLY I WOULD DO THAT!!!)